Friday, July 23, 2010

The North Shore

There are those days when I yearn for Minnesota's North Shore. Days when the fog drifts in and the waves crash on its rock strewn shore. When gulls fly low over its grey surface. And when the fog drifts over the trees, my world becomes a cocoon as though nothing more exists than this small silent space. It gives me needed respite from the news of the day with its violence, wars of words, and starving people.

Perspective that allows me to return home from my beloved inland sea. Carrying the silence with me into a chaotic world driven by greed, power, and suffering. So that I might do my part with other compassionate people to find solutions in a time marked by rapidly increasing change.
                                                                                                 
 Elizabeth


Late May



No comments:

Post a Comment