Monday, July 26, 2010

Denizens Inside Our House

This morning, I found it curious that two of the many plants in our house were blooming right next to each other . . . with the same pink color. In nature this would not be the case.

Denizens Inside Our House

In our cool, shady summer-house,
cyclamen and bougainvillea
bloom together.

One atop a towering vine,
the other from
a flowerpot on the floor.

Their waning flowers,
each two in number,
show off an indentical
hue of pink.

In the wild, one loves it best
in dry hot places;
the other in sun-filled
moist tropics.

Still -
both bloom here
where I too thrive.

2 comments:

  1. Hey. I love the ending of that poem. How true that, in nature, one would not see such a beauteous thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem also reminded me of some of the beautiful flowers I have seen in the alpine tundra on our camping trips. I have such fond memories and Andy teaching me all the names of the flowers. They were truly beautiful and delicate too.

    ReplyDelete