Thursday, January 9, 2014

Farewell Arctic Vortex!

The temperature is going up and up. No more Arctic Vortex -good riddance. Where ever do they get these names . . .

All day the words for the Everly Brothers hit song has been going through my head - changed just bit for this occasion of winter cold. The chorus for the original song goes like this:

Bye bye love
Bye bye happiness
Hello loneliness
I think I'm-a gonna cry.

What I have been singing to myself - over and over:

Bye bye Arctic Blast
Bye bye frostbite temps
Hello warmer air
I thought I was gonna die.

Perhaps this little ditty is the result of spending 72 hours holed up inside our warm house. Even the cats who have never set one single paw outside have cabin fever. Watching the rabbit who has been frequenting the deck gets old after awhile.

A small flock of robins stopped by this afternoon. I hope they were heading south - way south. Like I would like to do . . . 




No comments:

Post a Comment