Monday, November 14, 2011

I Used To Be 6 Foot 3 (and a half!)

Just outside my office window is a Mugho Pine with a thistle
bird feeder hanging out in plain sight. I need to take the time to
clean out last season's seeds and fill it with the new! Maybe
that's why there are no finches this year!? Or, just maybe, the
weather isn't just right . . . no snow . . . an abundance of seeds
elsewhere . . . or maybe (just maybe) I have not been looking
for them -

Here is a little Ogden Nash creation I recently received from
a friend.
              I sit here growing old by inches
              Watching the clocks instead of the finches
              But sometimes I visualize in my gin
              The Audubon I audubin.

If I have time this week . . . I may fill the feeder . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment