Monday, December 25, 2017

IVORY SOAP

Memories come to surface, when allowed.

As a child, I wondered why the Ivory Soap invariably
would float in water. Ivory Soap, first came to the market
in 1879, claiming to be so pure (99.44% pure) that it
would float.

No matter how long I would hold it down . . . it still
would bob to the surface!

As a young person, I mourned for a long time over the
drowning death of a friend in the Red River of the North.
(The Red was formed by the flowing together of the
Ottertail and Bois de Sioux rivers. The Red River then
flowed north to Hudson Bay.)

I would sit on the bank of the Red- a special place to
pass the time and think.

Of the plethora of soap brands (Irish Spring, Dial, Coast,
Caress, Zest, Swan, Lever, Kiss My Face, Jergens,
Palmolive, Aveeno, Pure-Castille, Lux, Bon Ami, Lifebuoy)
is just to name a few.

For me,  IVORY stands out!

And for good reason . . .  it floats, and floating is good.

                        At times -
                                I still think of my friend's death.

No comments:

Post a Comment