Friday, January 30, 2015

GREAT SCOTT ! ! COULD IT REALLY BE ? ?

On the average, at least once a day (for some folks it may be more) it comes to my attention that each square of our "septic safe" toilet paper tissue has become quite small. The shrinkage may have happened gradually. Usually, I don't pay much attention to things like that.

BUTT, this is of major concern and may have many ramifications. (Come to think about it, does the word "butt" have one or two t's?)

So, I carefully measured a square of tissue paper from the current supply. Here is what I discovered . . .
     
            The piece measured:  4  1/8th inches in width and 3  5/8's inches in length.

Furthermore, the square of tissue is very flimsy. I seem to remember that the individual tissues to have been quite hefty. No wonder then that I now have to unroll at least three thicknesses to do an adequate job. And then, I discovered that the diameter of each toilet paper tube is considerably wider. For a moment, I entertained the possibility that this larger diameter was just for the one I had measured at random. So, I went down on my knees and pulled out another roll from the lower storage cabinet.

             The diameter was identical . . . Amazing !

Becoming ever curious, I went to the Internet and Googled to see if other folks were experiencing the same phenomena.

                  THEY WERE . . . ALL ACROSS THE COUNTRY.

Several web sites agreed that the changes had indeed occurred and that people are simply abuzz.

The original tissue-square size had been 4 1/2 inches by 4 1/2 inches.   An actual square!
Furthermore, it was reported by users that the tube size had significantly increased in diameter.

I wonder if  SCOTT is aware of all of this and have any corporate long or short-term plans to return back to the original product and, this time, call it  "SCOTT'S ORIGINAL."

That might possibly even give a boost to both on-line and in-store sales!

No comments:

Post a Comment