Thursday, September 8, 2011

Article in MinnPost: the Horrifc Cost of Violence

Go to http://www.minnpost/, "online high quality journalism," as they aptly describe themselves. They just published an article by me (Elizabeth).  Click on Community Voices on their home page and go to the Thursday, September 8th featured article.

I have been haunted by the horrific abuse suffered by a nanny in the Qaddafi household. After reading a graphic report of what happened to her, I needed to write about it. And I needed to "give the writing away." As another writer stated once, what you write belongs to you until you finish it/publish it. Then it is not yours anymore. It belongs to its readers.

MinnPost was the best place I could think of to publish what I wrote. Although their greatest number of readers come from Minnesota, they are read across the nation as well as internationally. Its is satisfying to "have voice" and to be able to address issues such as this terrible abuse and the price we all pay for violence.

No comments:

Post a Comment